On top of our business resources, Opus Consulting Group has put together this list of resources that may assist you and your employees through the COVID-19 Pandemic. We will continue to update this blog post on a regular basis.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
WORKER COMPENSATION ASSISTANCE:
Waiting periods have been waived and you do not need to actively look for work if your reason for applying is because of COVID-19.
- Maine Unemployment – Apply here. View the COVID-19 FAQ here.
- New Hampshire Unemployment – Apply here. View FAQ here.
- Vermont Unemployment – Apply here. View FAQ here.
- Massachusetts Unemployment – Apply here. View FAQ here.
- Rhode Island Unemployment – Apply here. View FAQ here.
- Connecticut Unemployment – Apply here. View FAQ here.
UTILITIES & RENT ASSISTANCE
Cut-offs for residential non-payments suspended for the following New England utility companies:
- National Grid
- Rent Abatement – Ask landlords for rent deferrals or reductions. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have announced that they will be implementing deferrals/ reductions for the next 12 months on mortgages they’ve insured.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – 24/7 disaster distress helpline. Text TalkWithUs to 66746 or call 1-800-985-5990 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 24/7, free, confidential, mental health support. Call 1-800-273-8255.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 24/7 free support. Call 1-800-799-7233.
- CDC Mental Health and Coping – How to manage stress and coping during the COVID-19 pandemic.
FITNESS AND WELLNESS ONLINE SERVICES
- Yoga Works – Schedule of free live online yoga classes.
- Women’s Health Magazine – Free workout classes on their Instagram Live feed. Available Monday-Friday for 24 hours after recording.
- Men’s Health Magazine – Free workout classes on their Instagram live feed. Available Monday-Friday.
- Meditate New Orleans – Free, live sound baths available at Stephanie Green Osbourne’s Facebook page.
- Insight Timer – FREE meditation app. Download via your app store on your smartphone.
RESTAURANT INDUSTRY SPECIFIC RESOURCES
- National Restaurant Association – Provisions specific to restaurants, food service establishments and their employees in the CARES act.
- One Fair Wage – Emergency fund for all hospitality and gig economy workers. Currently fundraising to refill the fund but still accepting applications.
- Another Round Another Rally – Relief fund for all industry employees, providing $500 grants.
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United – Relief fund for all industry employees.
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation – National relief fund for industry employees. Read their FAQ here.
- USBG National Charity Foundation – Apply for Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. You do not need to be a member of USBG to receive aid.
- Golden Rule Charity – Grant fund for hospitality workers who have been in the industry for at least 6 months. Money is distributed to vendors instead of directly to the applicant (i.e. to your landlord if you apply for help with rent).
- James Beard Foundation – Emergency relief fund to begin accepting applications in the next few days. Visit the JBF website to add your information and express interest in an application when they go live. For more information fill out this form.
- Lift Your Spirits – Grant for US industry employees who receive the majority of their income from hospitality jobs. First come first serve. Grant applications available on their site.